8 Expectations Implementation Resource for Elementary with Special Section for "The First Eight Days of School"
Want to build a Climate of Respect? These are resources that work! Focusing on these Eight Expectations for Living has proven effective in thousands of classrooms. Making these 8 "We will....." affirmations daily gives everyone the same language, the same goals, and transforms behavior.
"They simply become who we are! We just measure our choices and behavior to these Eight!"
Eight complete lesson plans use introductory, cooperative, reading and writing strategies, literature, music, vocabulary (includes sign language and Spanish), posters, and task cards to integrate high academics and social skills. Combined with a supporting life principle they give you all you need to build a community of learners from day one.
"We will value one another as unique and special individuals."
Begin with all of your learners asserting this positive standard along with the life principle of Friendship.
Add 7 more "We will..." affirmations and the life principles, Respect, Courtesy, Esprit de corps, Service, Effort, Perseverance, Integrity, and you'll have your foundation for a positive classroom climate.
Tie it all together with a special group of "First Eight Days of School" tools including checklists to aid in planning for those essential procedures for positive classroom management and detailed 'HOW TO' step-by-step documents.
Designed for grades Pre-K - 5.
- The "Boogie on Down" Board brain break
- 8 celebration task cards to recognize learners' efforts. (48 task cards are
- available in a separate packet.)
- Adaptable for Special Education learners
- A FREE download entitled Sign Language for Use with the Eight
- Expectations with 8 sign language task cards giving you a nonverbal language to use everywhere in the educational environment.
Included in this kit: 135 pages
- 8 Eight Expectations for Living lesson plans each containing:
- Components for an Introductory Strategy, a Cooperative Strategy, a
- Writing Strategy, Literature, Music, Vocabulary (includes sign language
- and Spanish), Celebrations, and a Brain Break. *
- 8 Literature Lessons with Lexicon Vocabulary Strategies *
- 8 Individual Expectation posters*
- 8 Individual Expectations posters *
- Eight Expectations poster*
- 8 Life Principle definition color posters* - Friendship, Respect, Courtesy,
- Esprit de corps, Service, Effort, Perseverance, Integrity
- 8 Life Principle definition black/white posters
- 8 Life Principle Quote posters*
- Venn Diagram*
- T Chart*
- Lexicon Resource with 31 choices for vocabulary development*
- Basic Lexicon*
- Lexicon Strategies*
- 12 Lexicon Strategy task cards*
- Minutemania Verbal Fluency Strategy*
- Writing Fluency Strategy*
- Hand'y Curriculum Reading Strategy*
- 4 Hand'y Curriculum Reading Strategy task cards*
- Hand'y Curriculum song task card*
- 8 Callbacks list with 8 task cards*
- Celebration list*
- 8 celebration task cards*
- GE Songs* - Life principles song, Eight Expectations song, Hand'y
- curriculum song
- 4 Song task cards*
- Suggested Song list - 4 pages of song titles
- 'Boogie on Down' Board 'How to create' Instructions
- 'Boogie on Down' Board Directions for use
- 'Boogie on Down' Board Word Action Signs
- User Guide Notes
First Eight Days of School Pack:
- Expectations Checklist for the First Eight Days of School
- 17 Practices Evaluation and Goal-setting
- Class Procedure Evaluation Checklist
- How to Write a Procedure
- How to Plan a Rise and Shine
- How to Write a Creed
- Procedure for Use of Complete Sentences and Addressing by Name
- Procedure Example for Answering Questions
- Procedure Example for Greeting Visitors
- First 2 - 5 Minutes of Class
- 3 in 1: Basic Great Expectation Tenets, 17 Practices, and Eight
- Life Principles: List of 36 with definitions
- Implementation of 17 Practices Pyramid
* denotes adaptability for special education learners
You agree not to share your purchases with your colleagues unless you have purchased additional licenses. You agree not to post your purchased or freely downloaded files on the Internet.
You agree that delivery of the Teaching Content to you, whether electronically delivered or physically shipped and delivered to you, does not transfer to you any commercial or promotion use rights in the Teaching Content. You agree that your use of the Service (including your purchase of Teaching Content) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to use the Service and such Teaching Content solely in accordance with this Agreement, and that any other use of the Service or Teaching Content may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state