GE Press Contact
Dr. Linda Dzialo
All GE News Items
- Great Expectations Instructor, Ginger Billman, is named a finalist for Oklahoma Teacher of the Year. - (Stillwater, Oklahoma) Richmond Elementary School First Grade Teacher Ginger Billman has been named one of twelve finalists for the Oklahoma Teacher of the Year. Billman was named Stillwater Public Schools Teacher of the Year in May, qualifying her to be considered for the state level honor. All finalists were named teachers of the year for…
- Crosby Park Named Great Expectations Model School -
Crosby Park Elementary has been named a Great Expectations model school for the seventh year in a row.Students, faculty and staff celebrated the distinction during the school’s morning assembly Thursday. Regina Farquhar, Great Expectations instructional coach, was on hand to present principal Dana Moore with a new certificate and flag to signify the honor. Farquhar watched and listened as students sang a pair of songs about common sense and responsibility that exemplified what Great Expectations...
- Bixby Schools Achieve Great Expectations Model District Status -
Bixby Public Schools recently achieved the prestigious honor of being named a Great Expectations (GE) Model School District. Every school in Bixby Public Schools is now a GE Model School. The district’s principals, faculty, and staff worked diligently to accomplish this goal.
- Great News from Great Expectations – Feb. 2019 -
- Great Expectations Instructor, Hailey Couch, receives the prestigious Milken Award! -
- GE Model School OKCPS Putnam Heights celebrates all cultures. -
BY KAYLEE DOUGLAS of www.kfor.comOKLAHOMA CITY - One Oklahoma City elementary school is opening the eyes of students to a rich world of different cultures by learning, sharing and dancing.Students at Putnam Heights elementary in Oklahoma City are practicing a Chinese fan dance taught by a volunteer originally from China."Music and dancing is a bridge between language and nationality and I believe it helps people understand each other and means peace for the world and community,”...
- Tomball ISD Develops Leaders through Great Expectations ® (GE) Training -
TOMBALL - As the 2018-19 academic school year approaches, Tomball ISD continues to strive on its belief that culture cultivates character and accountability and with that, nine schools in the district use Great Expectations (GE) summer training to achieve excellence in learning and living.Nine of Tomball ISD’s schools have adopted the Great Expectations model, which enables character building while developing a learning climate geared towards the entire academic environment.All new teacher...
- Great Expectations – Enid News and Eagle -
Jana Fee (left) reacts as Jennifer Brown guesses “dimple” during a Taboo game in Jana Oder’s Great Expectations class at Northwestern Oklahoma State University-Enid on Tuesday. The specialized instruction for Enid-area teachers will continue throughout the week. (Bonnie Vculek / Enid News & Eagle)
- GE Instructor honored with scientific trip to Alaska -
A sixth grade science teacher from Piedmont is getting ready to swap the summer heat for an arctic freeze.Melissa Lau has been selected to join a PolarTREC project to study climate change in the North Pole.Lau is one of just a dozen teachers selected to participate in this summer’s special expedition, and she is hoping to bring back some valuable knowledge for her students.Lau's class is all about hands-on learning. Usually the kids are doing most of the work, but their teacher is prep...
- Bartlesville earns fifth consecutive year as a Great Expectations Model District -
Representative teachers and administrators from each Model School, along with Board of Education members and district administrators, were recognized by Great Expectations at a school board meeting in November 2017. Holding the Model District flag are Chuck McCauley, BPSD Supt. of Schools; Rick Pierce, Great Expectations Instructional Coach; Dr.