LEXICON: Complete at least three.
- Define the word.
- What do you notice about the word.
a. # of letters
b. # of consonants, vowels
- Create a math problem with the #’s.
- Use the word in a meaningful sentence.
- Write all parts of speech for the word.
- Analyze for root word, prefixes, suffixes.
Word Wall Vocabulary: virtuous
Vocabulary (P 8,11)
Hand Jive Words
Pair students up. Have children clap hands together for consonants and lap clap for vowels. Put hands in the air at the end as you say the word.