Use the C.R.O.S.S.ROADS™ Decision-making worksheet to work through the choice/s evident in any of the videos or stories below. Example: C.R.O.S.S.ROADS™ worksheet for Three Questions Story: Three Questions by Leo Tolstoy (Simplified Version)
2) Use the Five Step D.R.E.A.M. Checklist or the Five Step D.R.E.A.M. process with
Questions to identify any of the five D.R.E.A.M. steps in the videos or stories below. Discuss how these elements are evident.
2) Dream by Susan Bosak 10:16 min. Read Aloud All Ages
- Dream by Susan Bosak "Dream" is a winner of 10 national awards: * International Reading Association Children's Choice -- 10,000 children across the country vote on the books they like best!
3) A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park – Video of book being read – 18 Chapters
Story of one of the Lost Boys of Sudan
4) Real Life Examples: Power of Children
5) No Glass Ceiling, Just Blue Sky 3:48 min. by Marcy Blochowiak
- Have learners review and list the five D.R.E.A.M. process steps.
- Use this checklist to show how many of the five D-R-E-A-M. process steps are addressed in this book video, by successful entrepreneur, business leader, and author, Marcy Blochowiak
- Reference to “Big Rocks” in book
- Information about Marcy Blochowiak:
No Glass Ceilings, Just Blue Sky – In this book get ready to learn the secrets of success! This inspirational book is about daring to reach your life goals. This beautifully designed gift book is about removing "ceilings" and replacing them with "blue skies."
6) Miracle on Ice 1980 Olympics USA Hockey Team 1:55 min. This video is of the last minute of the history making Olympic Ice Hockey game between the Soviet Union and the United States. Following on this same website is an abbreviated story of this history of this event and why, it is considered to be a true ‘ miracle’.
MIRACLE ON ICE–The Story of the 1980 USA Ice Hockey Team Win Over Russia
1980 USA Hockey Team Story 43:48 min. Story told by the actual people
There is a movie, Miracle on Ice, available.
Below are some scenes from YouTube:
What had to be done to accomplish this ‘Miracle’?
Address sacrifices, effort, attitude, etc.
Make A Difference Day - Start a project! Make it happen!