Objective: Learners connect Effort with individual choices and apply in a personal situation.
- Learners brainstorm and select a situation that involves Effort.
- Use the Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS LP Worksheet to apply the life principle of Effort in the personal situation. Follow up with the Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Planning Sheet.
Effort Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Worksheet Example
- Option: Create a goal plan using the Goal-setting C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Worksheet or the Goal-setting Planning Sheet .
Effort Goal-setting C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Example Elem MS/HS
Objective: Learners will use a graphic organizer (Venn Diagram or T Chart) to develop the concept of cause and effect within a life application situation.
- Introduce topic or have students brainstorm. Example: Completing a difficult task.
- Allow time for identification and discussion of the cause and effect within the topic.
- Distribute the Effort Venn diagram or Effort T chart and allow time for learners to put their thoughts in writing.
- Offer time for pair share or small group discussion to compare ideas and add additional thoughts.
A) Example of Effort Venn Diagram B) Example of Effort T Chart
- Use whole group discussion to summarize the ideas shared. Have each learner write a statement drawing personal conclusions as to their cause and effect within the life application situation.
- As a group or individually have learners write a statement connecting the effects Effort would have on the situation in relation to the 8 Expectations for Living, lines from the school/class creed, or other school-wide standards.