Objective: Learners connect Friendship with individual choices and apply in a personal situation.
- Learners brainstorm and select a situation that involves friendship.
- Use the Choice CR LP Worksheet .pdf to apply the life principle of friendship in the personal situation. Follow up with the Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Planning Sheet.
Friendship Choice CR Worksheet Example.pdf
- Option: Create a goal plan using the Goal-setting C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Worksheet or the Goal-setting Planning Sheet.
Friendship Goal Setting C.R.O.S.S.R.O.A.D.S. Example
Objective: Learners will use a graphic organizer (Venn Diagram or T Chart) to develop the concept of cause and effect within a life application situation.
- Introduce topic or have students brainstorm. Example: A new student arrives.
- Allow time for identification and discussion of the cause and effect within the topic.
- Distribute the Friendship Venn Diagram or Friendship T chart and allow time for learners to put their thoughts in writing.
- Offer time for pair share or small group discussion to compare ideas and add additional thoughts.
A) Example of Friendship Venn Diagram B) Example of Friendship T Chart
- Use whole group discussion to summarize the ideas shared. Have each learner write a statement drawing personal conclusions as to their cause and effect within the life application situation.
- As a group or individually have learners write a statement connecting the effects friendship would have on the situation in relation to the 8 Expectations for Living, lines from the school/class creed or other school-wide standards.