Honesty – Life Application Lessons for Life Principles
Life Application Lessons for Life Principles
It is suggested that evidence of this life principle or the lack of it may be found in various forms of media - past, present, and future, and current real-life situations. It is recommended for learners to be engaged in a continuous search for life principle connections as part of the critical thinking process.
Objective: Learners connect the life principle with individual choices and apply in a personal situation.
Tool for Evaluating Components of Types of Media:
‘Hand’y Curriculum Connections Page One, Page Two
- Learners brainstorm and select a situation that involves the life principle.
- Use the Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS LP Worksheet to apply the life principle in the personal situation. Follow up with the Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Planning Sheet.
- Option: Create a goal plan using the Goal-setting C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Worksheet or the Goal-setting Planning Sheet.
Objective: Learners will use a graphic organizer such as a Venn Diagram or T Chart
to develop the concept of cause and effect within a life application situation.
(see link below for a variety of graphic organizers)
- Introduce topic or have students brainstorm situations involving the life principle.
- Allow time for identification and discussion of the cause and effect within the topic through pair/share or Whole Group Discussion.
- Distribute the Venn Diagram or T Chart and allow time for learners to put their thoughts in writing.
- Offer time for pair share or small group discussion to compare ideas and add additional thoughts.
- Use whole group discussion to summarize the ideas shared. Have each learner write a statement drawing personal conclusions as to their cause and effect within the life application situation.
- As a group or individually have learners write a statement connecting the effects the life principle would have on the situation in relation to the 8 Expectations for Living, lines from the school/class creed, or other school-wide standards.
** Resource for a Variety of Printable Graphic Organizers English and Spanish versions
** Resources for helping students make Choices and in Goal-setting