Qft Lesson - Honesty
#1) Life Principle
Honesty – Truthfulness
Quote: Honesty is the best policy. If I lose mine honor, I lose myself.
Spanish: la honradez
#2) Key Ideas
- We all have the choice to be honest.
- We can choose to act honestly towards others and ourselves. Choices
- We build a reputation of honesty by telling the truth.
- We build trusting relationships by acting honestly.
- Break the word into pieces
- Sound out the word
- Find the root word
- Select synonyms that support
Sign Language for Honesty :
Slide the fingertips of ‘H’ hand forward on left palm.
#4) Describing the Process
- What would honesty look like, sound like, feel like?
- Use web-graphic to describe “honesty”, and using complete sentences add supporting details.
#5) Introduce the Question Focus
State topic for questions. QFT – Question Formulation Technique
“Our Question Focus for this lesson is about Honesty.
#6) Produce the Questions
Materials needed: white paper and markers
Allow about 10 minutes
- Ask as many questions as you can.
- Change any statements into questions.
- Write down every question as it is stated.
- Do not stop to discuss, judge, or answer the questions.
#7) Improve Questions
- Identify open and closed ended questions
- Change questions: select one question to change from open to closed-ended and one closed questions to open-ended.
Allow 4-8 minutes.
#8) Prioritize Questions
State lesson plan criteria/guidelines and ask learners to identify 2-3 questions they think are most important.
Allow 10-20 minutes
Group Share Out: Have each group share their rationale for choosing priority questions.
Allow about 10 minutes.
#9) Discuss Next Steps
“What are we going to do with these questions?”
(Whole Group Discussion – outcome to align with lesson objectives.)
Sample: What behaviors support honesty?
Individual and Group Reflection: Ask a topic related question for learners to reflect upon briefly in writing about what they have learned.
Discuss and report in small or whole group.
Examples: “What does honesty look like for us?”
"What are some consequences when you are not honest?"