Teaching through problem-solving engages the learners by means of questions, problems, tasks, and reflective thinking. These promote intellectual conversations which lead to hearing varied perspectives for resolving a situation or investigating an idea.
- Choice C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Decision Making Process - Use this five step process for all types of:
- Goal setting
- Conflict resolution.
The acronym, C.R.O.S.S.ROADS aids in remembering the five steps:
- C. - Choice - What is the choice I’m making?
- R. - Reality - What is happening now? (FACTS)
- O. - Options - What are some choice options I might try?
- S. - Select one or more options and create a plan. What personal effort is needed to make my plan happen?
- S. - Start over - Evaluate results of choice and use process to revise as needed.
Problem-solving C.R.O.S.S.ROADS Decision-making Worksheet
C.R.O.S.S.ROADS™ Planning Sheet.
For Goal Setting see: Complete set of Goal Setting Process Explanation, Forms and Examples for all grade levels