Resources for the Magic Triad
Level 1: Elementary
"Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids Carol McCloud - book link
"Have You Filled a Bucket? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids" video reading the book 4:21 min.
"Fill Your Bucket" Children's Song by the Learning Station 3:58 min video
Interview with author of "Have You Filled A Bucket?" book 5:01 min.
"One Smile" by Cindy McKinley
"One Smile" video reading of book 7:04 min.
Activities for all content areas by author, Cindy McKinley
"Ordinary Mary's Extraordinary Deed" by Emily Pearson - book link
"The Pout-Pout Fish" by Deborah Diesen and Dan Hanna - book link
"The Pout-Pout Fish" by Deborah Diesen video reading of the book 4:20 min.
"The Pout-Pout Fish" song video 3:50 min.
"The Important Book" by Margaret Wise Brown
"The Important Book" lesson plan
"Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners" by Laurie Keller
"Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners" book trailer 39 sec.
"Do Unto Otters - Weston Woods" This video has parts of the book animated.
"Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners" Lesson Plan
Level 1 - Elementary
Level 2 – MS/HS
- Classroom Expectation of Respect – Song Video 2:17 - “RESPECT in the Classroom” - Uses Aretha Franklin song, “RESPECT” with Visuals representing forms of respect
Steps to Improving Self-Esteem - Article with self-help strategies
Building Your Child's Self-Esteem - Article with parenting strategies Elementary
Basic Self-Esteem Needs: (Printable posters available)
Level 1: Elementary
- Teaching Social Skills to Kids Who Don't Yet Have Them
- Social-Emotional Teaching Strategies
- 5 Tips for Better Relationships with Your Students
- Responsive Classroom - Website with variety of helpful articles & videos - Click on INFO LIBRARY on menu at the top of the page and type in your topic, i.e. greeting students
Level 2: MS/HS
- Positive Social Risks - Ted Talk video 6:15 min.
- Culture of Respect in the Workplace - 10 Actions You can Focus on to Influence Culture of Respect, Civility in your Workplace - can connect to the Bridge Builder poem
- 4 Steps for Building Positive Employer-Employee Relationships - applicable for MS/HS relationship Workplace insights
- Teacher-Student Interactions: The Key to Quality Classrooms ( printable)
- Interactions with Students - 7 Tips for Interactions with Students