Practice Seven – Quotes on Character
Printable Posters and Author Information
- “Character, not circumstances, make the man.” - Booker T. Washington
- “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost. When health is lost, something is lost. When character is lost, all is lost.” - Billy Graham
- "Why is Character Important? Because it saves the world." Marvin Berkowitz, Ph.D. Sanford N. McDonnell Professor of Character Education
- “Watch your thoughts. They become your words.
Watch your words. They become your actions.
Watch your actions. They become your habits.
Watch your habits. They become your character.
Watch your character. It becomes your destiny.
- Author Unknown
- “The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.” - Margaret Chase-Smith
- “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
- “ A good character is the best tombstone. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.” - Charles Spurgeon
- Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” - John Wooden
- “Ability will take a man to the top, but it will take character to keep him there.” - Author Unknown
- “The forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” - Anne Frank
Quotes without posters:
“Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good character.” - Heraclitus
“A man’s character is his fate.” - Heraclitus