Directions for use of a graphic (Venn Diagram or T Chart) in developing the concept of rights and responsibilities within a life application situation:
- Introduce topic. Example: Having assignments turned in on time.
- Allow time for identification and discussion of the rights and responsibilities within the topic.
- Distribute the Responsibility Venn diagram or Responsibility T chart and allow time for learners to put their thoughts in writing.
- Offer time for pair share or small group discussion to compare ideas and add additional thoughts.
A) Example of Responsibility Venn Diagram B) Example of Responsibility T Chart
- Use whole group discussion to summarize the ideas shared. Have each learner write a statement drawing personal conclusions as to their rights and responsibilities within the life application situation.
- As a group or individually have learners write a statement connecting the responsibilities related to the situation to the 8 Expectations for Living, lines from the school/class creed, or other school-wide standards.
** Resources for helping students make Choices and in Goal-setting.