Creeds build a common language for the school or classroom. They instill a sense of pride and honor in students and teachers. A school/class/personal creed should inspire, motivate, and challenge. It can set the tone for the school, classroom, or person through the use of language that brings the fires of purpose and commitment to full blaze. A creed should include powerful affirmations that can be used to hold students and teachers accountable for their daily actions and decisions.
Teacher’s Creed –
I am a teacher. I accept the challenge to be sagacious and tenacious in teaching every student because I believe that every student can learn. I accept the responsibility to create a learning environment conducive to optimum achievement academically, socially, and emotionally. I actively pursue excellence, for my students and myself. I provide a model of decorum and respect that guides my students as well as honors them. I affirm superlative expectations for my students and myself. I cherish every student. I am a teacher. I change the world, one student at a time.
School Creed –
English I Class Creed (Spiro High School – Spiro, Oklahoma)
We are the students of Spiro High. We must all learn to live together as brothers or perish as fools.
We will live each day to the fullest and realize that life is like a jewel – the number of facets determines its sparkle and that as students, we will be responsible for our own actions because there are no free rides in society.
We will strive to learn from the mistakes of others and understand that no matter what life may send our way, we will hold no grudge, burn no bridges, call no fellow classmate enemy for the ones you should try to get even with are the ones who have helped you along the way.
Class of 2000 Creed (Lomega High School, Omega, Oklahoma)
- We are the class of 2000.
- We are loved, and we appreciate our families and teachers.
- We are proud of our accomplishments. There is no one we would rather be.
- We believe the choices we make today affect what we will have, what we will be, and what we will do in the tomorrows of life. -We are determining what we will become.
- We have integrity and high moral standards. We stand up for our convictions.
- We will be good role models for our fellow students at Lomega High School, and we will continue to be leaders in the future.
- We will never give reason for anyone to doubt our characters.
- Our futures are our responsibility. The challenge to make the future great for each of us is in our own hands.
- We accept the challenge. We will succeed.
- We will utilize every day given to us to the fullest, realizing we will never have another shot at today, right here, right now. -We seize the day!
Middle School Creed (Puterbaugh Middle School, McAlester, Oklahoma)
I am an intelligent and assertive student.
My destiny is in my hands.
I will overcome all obstacles which stand in my way.
The decisions I make today will affect the rest of my life.
I will have respect for myself and others.
I will also set a good example for my peers.
Education is my ticket to success.
If I say it can be done, I will achieve my goals.
I AM a Puterbaugh Middle School Student!
Elementary School Creed (Woodland Elementary, Fairfax, Oklahoma)
I am a Woodland Elementary School student.
I have great expectations for myself.
I accept the challenge to become the best that I can be.
Yesterday’s failures are behind me.
Today’s successes are now before me.
I will make today the very best day of all, For this day begins the rest of my life.
I accept the responsibility for my behavior and its results.
I do not have the right to interfere with the learning and well being of others.
With my family and teachers,
I will determine what I will become,
For the education I receive today will make me a leader of tomorrow.